Bbox 3 (Technicolor) "User" passwd

Hebt u opmerkingen, klachten, steunbetuigingen voor Proximus (Belgacom)? Dan kan u deze hier kwijt.
Plaats reactie
Belli Hammer
Starter
Starter
Uitgedeelde bedankjes: 1 keer

Hello,

Please forgive me that I do not write French and/or Dutch very good. :oops:

I have two questions about the BBox 3 (Technicolor) "User" password that we can set, making the BBox more secure than just using the password given by the sticker on the back of the modem/router .

1) What is the maximum length of the password that can be set? Is it 12? 14? 16? 24? or...???

2) Also, along with letters and numbers, can special characters also be used in the password we set? Special characters such as: !#@$%&%*++/^\? For example, to have a User login password such as: 4mPdxt^a3n!qfP/7 (this is a length of 16, if it is even allowed)?

Thank you for any answers and/or help. I try to use Google Translate next to translate English into Dutch:
(Bedankt voor alle antwoorden en / of hulp. Ik probeer Google Translate te gebruiken naast het vertalen van het Engels naar het Nederlands):

Hallo,

Vergeef me dat ik geen Frans en / of Nederlands schrijf. : Oops:

Ik heb twee vragen over het "User" -wachtwoord van de BBox 3 (Technicolor) die we kunnen instellen, waardoor de BBox veiliger is dan alleen het wachtwoord dat wordt aangegeven door de sticker op de achterkant van de modem / router.

1) Wat is de maximale lengte van het wachtwoord dat kan worden ingesteld? Is het 12? 14? 16? 24? of...???

2) Kunnen, naast letters en cijfers, ook speciale tekens worden gebruikt in het wachtwoord dat we instellen? Speciale tekens zoals:! # @ $% &% * ++ / ^ \? Bijvoorbeeld om een gebruikersaanmeldingswachtwoord te hebben, zoals: 4mPdxt ^ a3n! QfP / 7 (dit is een lengte van 16, als het zelfs is toegestaan)?
nickz
Elite Poster
Elite Poster
Uitgedeelde bedankjes: 178 keer
Bedankt: 220 keer

The user password isn't really important, since it can only be used to access the web interface by people who are connected to your LAN network (not from outside via internet) and the default password is already secure.

Het user wachtwoord is niet zo belangrijk, aangezien het enkel kan worden gebruikt om toegang te verkrijgen tot de web interface door mensen die zijn verbonden met uw LAN-netwerk (niet van buitenaf via internet) en het standaard wachtwoord is reeds veilig.
Belli Hammer
Starter
Starter
Uitgedeelde bedankjes: 1 keer

nickz schreef:The user password isn't really important, since it can only be used to access the web interface by people who are connected to your LAN network (not from outside via internet) and the default password is already secure.

Het user wachtwoord is niet zo belangrijk, aangezien het enkel kan worden gebruikt om toegang te verkrijgen tot de web interface door mensen die zijn verbonden met uw LAN-netwerk (niet van buitenaf via internet) en het standaard wachtwoord is reeds veilig.

Hi Nick,

Thank you for replying.

But it does not answer my question. I am not asking an opinion on what is "safe" or "not safe".

If you have many family members (and also friends) who use the internal LAN network, and one of those machines is compromised, and it attacks the BBox 3, you would never know until it was too late.

The European & N. American recommended minimum login password for all routers is 16 long, recommended is 24. It is also recommended that a mixture of letters (upper & lower case), numbers and special characters be used.

The problem is does the BBox 3 accept a such a password, in size (minimum of 16) and also allow the use of special characters? Bbox 3 already faces the problem that they do not allow users to set a unique "name" to login, forcing them to use the hard-coded "User". This is considered a big security risk, and Proximus knows it :-(

Also know that it is documented on many routers wordwide that you can crash them by entering in-correct login password combinations and lengths. I do not want this. I do not want to be forced to a complete re-set of my BBox 3.

Thus, I was asking the question here if anyone knows the answer. Proximus tech support seems unbelievably clueless about this question, as they say "they do not know". That is incredible. And it is an example of bad security knowledge of their own BBox offerings. :nono:

I was hoping someone on userbase.be "actually" knew the answer to my question. Not an opinion. But an "actual" answer.

Anyone????
lacer
Elite Poster
Elite Poster
Uitgedeelde bedankjes: 130 keer
Bedankt: 159 keer

The only option now is that you can try by yourself to change the password and use 16, 20 or 24 and special characters.
If it don't work , the password stays like default i think, no ?
EdpNet XL 99/35 Mbps
VoIp OVH + Gigaset C610IP + C430H
Telenet Digital TV HD Digicorder AD 2200
RPi 2B Pi-Hole / 3B Kodi-19 / 3B+ Node-Red+Grafana
FLUKSO monitoring Elec-Gas-Water-PV > PVoutput
Ubuntu Mate 18.04 ESM / 22.04
jackho
Elite Poster
Elite Poster
Uitgedeelde bedankjes: 104 keer
Bedankt: 278 keer

reset == Default PW
lacer
Elite Poster
Elite Poster
Uitgedeelde bedankjes: 130 keer
Bedankt: 159 keer

ook juist
EdpNet XL 99/35 Mbps
VoIp OVH + Gigaset C610IP + C430H
Telenet Digital TV HD Digicorder AD 2200
RPi 2B Pi-Hole / 3B Kodi-19 / 3B+ Node-Red+Grafana
FLUKSO monitoring Elec-Gas-Water-PV > PVoutput
Ubuntu Mate 18.04 ESM / 22.04
KarelBoom
Starter
Starter

Koop een fritzbox, die heeft verschillende useropties met elk hun toegekende rechten
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “Proximus (Belgacom, Skynet)”